Hey there! So glad you’re here! Today I wanted to write about some of the best Photography Educators in the Industry! There are a TON of people to learn from, and if you’re just getting started, it can be a little overwhelming on who to learn from and where it’s best to spend your money. That’s why I compiled a list of educators who have been in the industry a long time with reputable education. Most of them, I’ve actually learned from myself!
- Katelyn is an AMAZING photographer! She’s located out of Virginia and has a business that brings in the big bucks. Not only is she extremely profitable, but she’s created classes and systems that educate starting photographers. Her Lighting and Locations course, as well as her Business Journey are some of her most educational classes offered to date. If you’re looking for online classes to learn from, start with Katelyn!
Jordan and Amy Demos
- The Demos’ are also some of my favorite educators! They also have online courses, and their Posing course is a must if you’re just starting out! They also have free one hour webinars you can tune into whenever you want. And if you miss a webinar, it’s automatically sent to your email.
Stephanie Lynn Kase
- Stephanie is honestly one of my favorite photographers! She has a YouTube channel with a ton of free information for anyone! She also sells her presets on her website and are honestly one of my favorite presets to use. They’re easy and give you a glowing light and airy look! Stephanie herself is so down to earth and is super easy to connect with over social media. She personally answers all her DM’s! Which in this industry, is amazing. People just don’t do that.
- She also just launched an Elevate Your Details course and I cannot wait to see how this will help my business! If you do her freebie for elevating your details, you’re going to want to launch yourself right into her full course. It’s jam packed with information and highlights a lot of areas we miss when photographing details at a wedding.
- Hope is one of the most inspirational people I’ve seen in the photography industry! She is THE photographer for photographing seniors, and all of her spokesmodel team education classes are all offered at easy to afford prices. She is conscious that as beginning photographers, we sometimes don’t have the money to invest thousands of dollars into something right off the bat. That’s why choosing her for some of your beginning education needs is perfect! She also has in person workshops that you can attend, where you get to meet her, and learn everything directly from the source, rather than online.
- Okay, so seriously, I want to be Caroline Logan when I grow up! (And she’s only one year older than me!) She is the sweetest soul, is a Christian, and just genuinely loves people. Her presets are for sale on her website, and though she doesn’t do online courses, she has in person workshops perfect for people in the first two years of their photography business.
- If you’re looking to learn film photography, Julie Paisley and her workshops are one of the best places to start. Though they are expensive, she is thoroughly comprehensive and you never feel like you’re behind. With a flair for ingenuity and creativity, Julie is your go-to-gal for all things film.
These are just a few of my personal favorite educators. There are a ton more out there, but these are a few good photographers to start out with. Most have free education where you can truly get your feet wet, and, when you’re ready to invest, they have workshops or online classes you can invest in.
This list definitely isn’t all comprehensive but I hope it gives you a good place to start looking!