One of the main things that changed weddings in 2020 and now 2021 is wedding restrictions. And of course, COVID-19. Though it is not what anyone was expecting, and is still frustraing brides alike in 2021, there are a few ways to still have the wedding you were dreaming of.
And it starts with hosting a virtual reception. With wedding sizes still limited on guests, hosting a virtual reception is a great way to include everyone on your list and have them there with you! Even if they can’t be there in person.
So how do you do it? Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Pick your date. If you’re still getting married and having the reception immediately afterwards, you want to make sure you’re picking a date and time that your virtual guests won’t have to take time off for.
- Send out invitations. Though you’re inviting them to join you virtually, an actual invite will make them still feel like a part of your special day.
- Choose a virtual theme and room to host it in. If you are doing a grand reception hall, make sure your screen is large so you can see everyone who joins in, and they can see you!
- Have a dress code on the invite. Nothing will make it more official than having a dress code! Invite your virtual guests to dress it up and join in for your celebration. It’ll really feel like they’re a part of your special day even if they can’t go in person!
- Capture the moment! Have someone on stand by to take screen shots of your guests who are attending virtually so you can save those photos later for your wedding album. Though 2020 and 2021 are looking different than ever with weddings, try to find unique ways to forever capture these intimate moments.